2011-10-10

{tri-city area} after a great gig by julia


"I've never been so exhausted, but also so happy after a concert" Julia Marcell said after her performance in Ucho Club (Gdynia) on the 9th of October.

It was a great night. The band started with a subtle track "Outer Space" from their previous album It might like you and then kicked off with new songs from June, including the popular "Matrioszka". The audience didn't want to let the band go - they were forced to play three encores!

After the concert I asked Julia where the name of their new album comes from. "I think that everybody has their one particular month which reminds them of someone or something important, something that changed their lives. For me this month was June. It was a very emotional change and the whole CD, June, is filled with strong emotions."

I can only add that you can definitely hear that listening to her singing, especially live.


text & photography © Natalia Wiśniewska

4 comments:

Madzik said...

I really regret I couldn't have taken part in her concert. The new song "Matrioszka" is really fresh and inspiring. Hope the rest songs are similar :)

Natalia Wisniewska said...

it was a truly great night. The other songs from June are also good:)

Anonymous said...

Hello, very professional high level blog! thank you for sharing. Because of good writing, and I learned a lot, and I am glad to see such a beautiful thing. Sorry for my bad English. ?

Natalia Wisniewska said...

Thank you:)